Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mediterr-indian Chops

Happy Sunday! Well, week one of the CrossFit Open is over, and it looks like we all survived, although my pride was almost beat to death by a big ugly monster we'll call the Snatch-burp Monster of 2013 ... it's in recovery now don't worry. So on to the next hellacious week, the WOD will be bad that's a fact so you might as well eat like a king. Good thing I have a recipe fit for a king.



Mediterr-indian Chops
2 lbs. bone-in pork chops
1 cup cilantro
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbs. fat of your choice, olive oil, bacon fat etc.

1. In a food processor, process cilantro, coconut oil, curry powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.

2. Place chops in a dish and brush with cilantro mixture, cover and refrigerate for 8-12 hours.

3. Place fat in a cast iron skillet and heat on medium. Once skillet is hot, place the chops in it.

4. Cook about 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.

5. Remove from heat and serve.

Serves 2-4

*The cook time will depend on the thickness of your pork chops.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. looks easy and delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^wtf. lol.spam?

      Delete
    2. Yep, I don't know how that one got in lol.

      Delete
  3. Lady where'd you go?!
    -cassie d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm coming back, I just haven't felt up to blogging lately so I took a break. I'm starting to get my groove back though:)

      Delete