Happy Sunday! Well, week one of the CrossFit Open is over, and it looks like we all survived, although my pride was almost beat to death by a big ugly monster we'll call the Snatch-burp Monster of 2013 ... it's in recovery now don't worry. So on to the next hellacious week, the WOD will be bad that's a fact so you might as well eat like a king. Good thing I have a recipe fit for a king.
2 lbs. bone-in pork chops
1 cup cilantro
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbs. fat of your choice, olive oil, bacon fat etc.
1. In a food processor, process cilantro, coconut oil, curry powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
2. Place chops in a dish and brush with cilantro mixture, cover and refrigerate for 8-12 hours.
3. Place fat in a cast iron skillet and heat on medium. Once skillet is hot, place the chops in it.
4. Cook about 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
5. Remove from heat and serve.
*The cook time will depend on the thickness of your pork chops.