2 lbs ground meat
1 onion, diced
2 Tbs. cumin
1/2 Tbs. hot paprika
1 1/2 cup salsa
-1 large can whole tomatoes
-3/4 cup cilantro
-2 Tbs. lemon pepper
-2 Tbs. garlic salt
|Putting the spicy back in Valentines Day|
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut the tops off the peppers and set aside (save for later), then cut peppers in half lengthwise and place in a large pot of boiling water. Boil about 5 mins or until peppers start to soften.
3. In a large skillet, add meat, cumin, and paprika. Cook on medium heat.
4. Dice the pepper tops and add to the meat along with the onion.
5. Using a food processor or blender, blend can of whole tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, lemon pepper and garlic salt. Mix until desired consistency.
6. Pour 1 1/2 cup of salsa into the skillet with the ground meat and stir.
7. Place peppers in a large baking dish and fill them with the meat mixture, bake for 30 mins. Top with a little salsa, avocado and cilantro and serve.
*I used ground pork, but beef, buffalo or whatever you have should do just fine.
**I used half a jalapeno for the salsa but feel free to use the whole thing if you want it extra spicy.