Monday, January 21, 2013

Paleo Chicken Salad

As you may already know, I'm hosting a Paleo challenge and I decided to throw out some extra credit and encourage community. The deal was this: if you attended any Paleo "potluck," you would be awarded 10 bonus points. This went over very well and I am very happy about it because when participating in anything like this, many people need support from others-- especially if they are new to the Paleo world. Even if they aren't, it's nice to have others' encouragement; you listen to others and you vent about your cravings. Usually the conversations end up with being told to suck it up. I prefer tough love (giving it anyway) as a follow up to a pat on the back. Plus a Paleo potluck is freaking awesome!! All that good, clean food, I mean come on what's not to love?

I was invited to two potlucks last week, one at my Gma's house because all my LOL's (little old ladies, which are my Gma and my aunts) and my sister are doing the challenge. Those recipes will be posted later. The other was at a friends' house and we had a great turnout! This chicken salad was one of the things I brought and it went over well so I deemed it blog-worthy. Of course, there's bacon in it! I hope you enjoy:)



Paleo Chicken Salad
4 to 5 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
6 slices of bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
2 cups purple grapes, cut in half
2 cups chopped celery
1 cup aioli
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste


1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the chicken, bacon, grapes and celery with your hands.

2. Sprinkle in the cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.

3. Add the aioli to the chicken mixture and stir until all ingredients are combined thoroughly, dust with smoked paprika and chill until ready to be served. Remember, chicken salad is best served cool.

This served 6-8 cave people (probable 10-12 normal people)

*Save time and cook the chicken via crockpot OR use leftover chicken from the night before.
**I added 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika and cayenne pepper to my aioli.
*** I also used hot smoked paprika to give it a kick.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Perfect timing! I am defrosting chicken and had my eggs out -- getting ready for aioli! Yum! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many cups is one chicken breast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, I shredded my chicken then measured it.

      Delete