Monday, January 28, 2013

Chicken Veggie Bake

It's Monday... yay. No really, I'm off today so yay me, although Mondays are one of my busier days. I understand that the rest of the world hates Mondays with a passion, I mean the weekend is over, you have to go back to work/school blah blah blah. Let's not let it get us down! We're cave-people, we laugh in the face of a challenge, we like to be pushed out of our comfort zone (AKA the bed), we live to conquer stuff so let's pull ourselves together and punch Monday in the throat. We can brag to all of our friends about how we "totally dominated that Monday."

I'm a little more enthusiastic than normal because I started my day off with a Filthy Fifty paired with bacon and washed it all down with a nice home-brewed Kombucha, what more could this little cave lady want? So on this particular Monday, find joy in the little things, like the fact that your boss had to come to work too. Embrace life and remember you get back what cha' put out.

This recipe is one of those "little things" because it's quick and easy. Even tastes good cold.

*No Mondays were harmed during the typing of this post*


Chicken Veggie Bake
2-3 lbs. chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 crowns broccoli
1 1/2 C grape tomatoes, cut in half
3 Tbs. oregano
1/4 tsp. thyme
1 cup tomato sauce
salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Mix tomato sauce, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper together.
3. Place chicken in a large casserole dish along broccoli and halved tomatoes.
4. Pour tomato sauce mixture over chicken and veggies.
5. Mix until everything together until sauce is distributed evenly.
6. Bake 35-45 mins.

Serves 4-6

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. I heart your enthusiasm! The filthy fifty will do that to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, Filthy Fifty will make you cray-cray.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this sometime this week! I bought some chicken thighs today and was wondering what I could do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Know What This Would Go Good With?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again my kids eat this one up! So stinking easy! Thank you for all your wonderful recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I'm thankful you feed your babies Paleo:):):)

      Delete