Gingerbread is one of my all-time favorite things ever. Ginger snaps, gingerbread men (or women, let's not be sexist) whatever gingerbread-y I love. It screams THE HOLIDAYS or HEY IT'S WINTER to me. This would be a perfect breakfast bread on a cold morning or a nice little party treat or something to bring to your neighbors. However, you can make this and hoard them all for yourself-- that works just as well!
1/2 cup coconut flour
2/3 cup. molasses
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 Tbs + 6 oz. chocolate, melted
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Using a mixer, mix flour, molasses, eggs, vanilla and almond extract together.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil and chocolate together.
4. Whisk all other ingredients into oil chocolate mixture and pour into the mixer.
5. Mix everything together until thoroughly combined.
6. Grease loaf pan with remaining coconut oil. (I used ramekins but a regular loaf pan or mini loaf pans will work too) Bake about 35-40 mins or until cooked all the way through.
*If using ramekins or mini loaf pans, cook about 15-20 mins.