Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Buffalo Sauce

It's been too long. I haven't posted since Christmas; That's way too long! I just got taken away with the holiday and working super hard on getting the Paleo challenge up and running. Then it happened, I got SICK. A big, lay-in-bed-have-fever-and-cough-until-you-have-a-6-pack-want-to-die-kinda-sick. It sucked. I haven't been sick like that in a long time, and even then I'm not sure I have ever really been that sick.

I'm better now (mostly) and I can get back to the kitchen and post some new recipes! Moral of the story: SLEEP. Your body will crumble without it, but I'll save that for another post on another day.



Buffalo Sauce
1/2 cup tomato sauce
3 Tbs. grass-fed butter
2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 - 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
salt to taste






1. Heat a small sauce pan on medium to low heat.

2. Pour tomato sauce into pan, once it starts to heat, up stir in butter.

3. As butter melts, whisk in all other ingredients until combined.

4. Continue whisking for 5 mins. Let cool and pour into serving dish and set aside until ready to serve.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. We tried this ASAP! And I've made it several times since the first. I made a "chicken salad" with it and put in coconut wraps. OH! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good!! Casey loves buffalo sauce and this passed the test.

    ReplyDelete