I am baking this as I type. It smells sooooo yummy, I can't wait to eat it again.
You can have dessert first with this dish. My family always eats sweet potato casserole with our meal instead of dessert. Have it however you like, dinner, dessert, breakfast on Black Friday whatever you fancy.
Sweet Potato Casserole
1/4 cup canned coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped walnuts
5 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
2 Tbs. honey
1 Tbs. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Stab holes in potatoes and place on cookie sheet, bake about 1 1/2 hours or until the potatoes are soft all the way through. Let cool.
3. Scoop out insides of potato and place in a baking dish. Using an immersion blender, puree the potatoes until they look and feel whipped. Then blend in coconut milk.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, nuts and cinnamon together.
5. Using a large spoon, stir in the melted coconut oil and honey until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
6. Bake on 375 until the topping has browned and the potatoes are hot all the way through, about 30-40 mins.