Pumpkin pie... Mmmmm. Nothing smells better than that aroma floating through the house on a cool autumn day. Not to mention, what's Thanksgiving with homemade pumpkin pie? It's the best part!
Pumpkin Pie Crust
1.5 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 Tbs. honey
1 Tbs. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease a 9" pie pan with coconut oil.
3. Using a stand mixer or food processor, mix coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
4. Add flour, baking soda and salt to the dry ingredients and mix.
5. Using your hands, take the dough and place it in the middle of the pie pan. Work the dough outward so it covers the sides and bottom of the pan evenly. This step takes some time.
6. Bake the crust for about 10 minutes or until it begins to brown. Let cool.
Pumpkin Pie Filling
3 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup canned coconut milk
1/2 cup honey
5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. In a stand mixer or using a mixing bowl and hand mixer, mix the pumpkin and coconut milk.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is well blended. It should look speckled.
3. Pour filling into the browned crust and bake for 45mins or until pie is set. A knife inserted in the middle of the pie should come out clean.
4. Let cool, then serve.