Again, if you would like the WHOLE menu you can download it for FREE. Just click the icon on the right hand side of the page... Yep, that easy!
Let's start with the star of the show. You cannot go wrong with this luscious crowd-pleasing desert. Late one Thanksgiving evening, our friend Ryan brought this pudding over and I fell head over heels in love. Once I went Paleo I began fantasizing about how to paleotize it, and this is the end result. It's safe to say I am once again head over heels.
Paleo Pumpkin Raisin Pudding
Adapted from http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/23/health/nutrition/23recipehealth.html
6 tablespoons Almond meal (unblanched almond flour)
1/3 cup molasses
1/4 cup mild honey
2 cups pumpkin puree
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 2-quart casserole or baking dish with coconut oil.
2. Pour the milk into a medium or large saucepan, and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, and slowly add in the almond meal while whisking the milk. Turn the heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring, until the mixture has thickened a bit.
3. Stir in the molasses and honey, and continue to simmer, stirring, for five minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and whisk in the pumpkin until the mixture is smooth.
5. Whisk in the eggs one at a time, and add the remaining ingredients. Pour into the casserole or baking dish.
6. Bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours until it's set; a knife should come out clean when inserted, and the top should be just beginning to brown. Remove and allow to cool before serving.
7. Put stretchy pants on. You will thank me later.