Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Make it Paleo Book Review

Hey! Are you looking for the perfect gift?  Make it "Make it Paleo!" Below is a copy of my review of the book. You can also find more information about this awesome pair on their website. They have all sorts of awesome stuff on their site and they even have an app!



When I was asked to review “Make it Paleo,” I was beyond excited!  I have followed The Food Lovers’ since I went Paleo 2 years ago and I am grateful for them because they have paved the way for paleo bloggers like me, not to mention leading more and more people to the paleo/primal lifestyle.  So how did I like “Make it Paleo”?  What an impressive piece of art it is, page after page of beautiful photography followed by divine cuisine. To be honest, it’s a page-turner, when I finally got this book in my hands I literally curled up and read it like I would a storybook.  I couldn’t wait to see what was next! Then I started cooking… amazing. The recipes are simple enough for everyday meals yet elegant and sophisticated enough for a dinner party or special occasion.  As a matter of fact, a friend of a friend decided to get married on a whim (we’re talking 24 hr. notice) and I whipped up the dark chocolate cake on page 370 so that they would have a wedding cake.  It was perfect and took practically no time at all to throw together, thanks to the accurate measurements and easy-to-follow instructions.  The recipes in this cookbook are so versatile; everything from cakes to “Lo Mein” on pg. 204 (which took me from hating cabbage to craving it!) there is something for everyone.   If you want to throw a quick meal together that packs a little spicy punch, the Smoked Paprika Chicken Thighs, pg. 194 are for you.  Or if you want a recipe that will impress for a Sunday brunch, check out page 62 for the “Root Vegetable Hash & Poached Egg” is a sure crowd-pleaser.   Something else that I loved about “Make it Paleo” is that it is a true health cookbook.   I have had so many so-called “healthy cookbooks” that were full of junk ingredients and processed garbage.  It’s no wonder we as a nation are so unhealthy, people are so confused about health, but this cookbook will clear the fog for so many people, all you have to do is open the book. One more thing, in the “gratitude” section, Haley thanks her hair stylist for styling her hair for the book cover photo shoot.  When I’m not blogging, I’m behind the chair styling hair and it touched my heart that she was so appreciative to her personal stylist.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment