Cranberry sauce is my favorite component to a Holiday dinner. Sweet and tangy with a cool, smooth texture. The holidays just wouldn't be the same without it.
16 oz. cranberries fresh or frozen
1 Bartlett pear, peeled and diced
1/4 cup water or apple juice
1/4 tsp. dried orange peel
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 cup maple syrup, grade B
*1/2 packet gelatin
For lumpy sauce:
1. On medium heat in a medium sauce pan heat berries, diced pear and water. Stir to combine.
2. Continue to stir frequently.
3. Whisk orange peel and cloves into 1/4 cup maple syrup.
4. Once berries begin to burst open and the pear softens, stir in maple syrup mixture.
5. Simmer for 10-15 mins, let cool and transfer to serving dish then chill until ready to serve.
For smooth sauce:
Follow steps 1-4 above:
5. While sauce is still hot, add in a packet of unflavored gelatin and puree using food processor or immersion blender.
6. Let cool and transfer to serving dish and chill until ready to serve.