Mornin'! It's Friday (thank God) and it's going to be a good day despite the fact that I set a new world record for Diane this morning... I'm not sure what my time was, something between forever and a day and all of eternity. It was one of those WODs that makes you want to cry. I almost did cry from the embarrassment and the physical suckage. It was bad, real bad, but I'm home chatting with you now so I'm better. Plus, wallowing in self pity is certainly NOT fabulous. Anyhow, the day is looking up and speaking of which, go ahead and look down (the page) and that should brighten your day. Enjoy the Ham and have a nice Friday!
Because a turkey is just not enough, we Paleoers need two sources of meat! Plus, everybody loves a good ham with a delish glaze.
Citrus Maple Glazed Ham
1 butt-portion ham (mine was pre-smoked)
1 cup honey
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup, grade B
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. dried orange peel
1. Preheat oven to 300.
2. Place ham in a roasting pan with a rack.
3. Make a "tent" with foil and loosely place it over the top of the ham.
4. Bake ham for 8 minutes per pound.
5. In a small mixing bowl, whisk honey, mustard, maple syrup, cloves and orange peel together.
6. When 20 minutes of cook remain, turn the heat up to 375, remove foil tent, and apply glaze to ham.
7. After 10 minutes, apply glaze to the ham again.
8. Remove from oven, let cool and carve.