Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Butterscotch Cake

Well the holidays are here and there is nothing we can do about it. We might as well embrace them, right? Right. All I know is I will NOT be missing my weekly yoga class or my WODs at Ternion this month (Thanksgiving is over so as far as I'm concerned it's December). I will need to throw weight around and get all centered if I want to live to see January. It's a stressful month. As many of you know, by day I'm Brittany the hairstylist, and I see pretty much every single one of my clients in December. I sound like I'm complaining, but I'm not because busy = $$ which is great because we could def. use more of that around here, but couldn't we all? I actually like to be busy; Casey says I'm addicted to stress... I probably am. I must admit I do love the hustle and bustle of the season, I can't help it.

With that being said I hope to have many new recipes for you this month! I want to be busy at work and busy cooking up some new noms. So let's get the best time of the year started!


Butterscotch Cake

2 cups maple syrup. grade B
1 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
6 eggs
coconut oil

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9in. cake pan with coconut oil.

2. Using a mixer, combine syrup and flour.

3. Mix almond, vanilla and eggs and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combine and you have a cake batter consistency.

4. Pour batter into cake pan and bake 1 hour or until cake is cook throughout.

* I greased mini tart tins and poured 1 Tbs. of batter into each, baked for 25 mins. and served (as pictured) for extra pizazz.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment