Thursday, September 13, 2012

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

Casey's birthday was yesterday; the big 29! Oh, this post is going to be mushy-gushy-lovie-dovie so if that makes you want to vomit, just skip ahead to the recipe.

Like I was saying, he is such a good husband, best friend and everything in between not to mention he is my blog editor and webmaster. He helps me run this blog which is no easy task since I can't spell to save my life. If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you probably notice more mistakes there. I also have the tendency to ramble on and on but he is patient enough to sift through all my botched up posts to make something that a normal person can read and understand. He also helps run all my social media outlets, which I kicked and screamed about doing until he taught (Editor's Note: Forced) me to learn how to use them to my advantage. Casey never (Editor's Note: Never ever) complains about having to taste EVERYTHING that I put in front of him, I know that sounds like a fun job but I'm sure it gets old, especially when it's a recipe that didn't make the cut. I adore him! I could not ask for more support; he always supports me in everything I do including any harebrained idea that I have, which is pretty much a daily occurrence.  I have openly admitted that I am obsessive, bossy, controlling and annoying at times (Editor's Note: You know what? I'll stop now.) and I know that it can not be easy to deal with me all the time but he does anyway. Then there is the added perk of his brilliant mind which I would be lost without, and his dashing good looks, which I would be sad without. It feels so good to know that not only do I adore him but I KNOW he adores me, that may sound a little arrogant but oh well. Everyone wants to be adored and I am not ashamed to admit that he makes me feel on top of the world. Behind closed doors, I am a completely goofy idiot and he loves me anyway. There is one more thing I want to point out then I'll get to the recipe. We have an equal partnership... We both prefer it that way. I do most of the cooking because I LOVE to cook, not because he is a man and thinks it's my job to cook based on the fact that I have uterus. I love that most about him, NOTHING is expected of me because of my sex. We are equals and I know that that can be difficult to find, especially in the old school south that we call home. OK OK I'll stop! I made him Molten chocolate lave cake for his birthday and here it is.


Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup maple syrup (Grade B!)
6 eggs + 6 egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
12 oz. chopped 100% chocolate
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tsp. apple pie spice

Preheat oven to 400. Using a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, mix together the coconut flour, maple syrup, eggs, yolks, vanilla and almond extract until mixture is smooth and looks like batter. Next, in a small sauce pan, combine chocolate, oil and apple pie spices, whisking constantly. Once chocolate is melted, combine with the batter and mix until your golden batter turns into chocolate cake batter. Divide batter in 6 greased ramekins and bake for 10-12 mins. DO NOT COOK TOO LONG! Molten lava cake is cake that is still uncooked in the middle for that "gooey" effect.

*I used coconut oil to grease my ramekins/mugs
**My ramekins are very small so I also used oven-proof coffee mugs.
***If your ramekins are small you made need to bake for a shorter amount of time to insure that it stays raw in the middle.

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. You guys are sooooo awesome and even more awesome together! I WANT THIS CAKE. It looks delicious and we all know how I love chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wish came true!!!! Thank you so much for my Birthday package, which included this awesome cake! It is even better than I imagined :). You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete