Monday, September 10, 2012

Lemon-Garlic Salad Dressing

I live in what is affectionately refereed to as "The Grove." We have pecan trees everywhere, hence the name. It is a cute little town, very neat and clean. Most of the houses are old, including ours, which was built in 1956--the same year my mother was born as a matter of fact. While Groves offers a lot of charm and character, it does not offer much culture, our major claim to fame is right down the road from where we live, a super cute, locally owned, very authentic Italian restaurant, that sadly has nothing for us to eat anymore :( Although if I were going to have a MAJOR cheat I would go there but I would be sick for days I'm sure. It's nice to know we have a little taste of something besides fast food or chain restaurants. Their sauce is traditional, meaning it has brown sugar in it which is a crying shame because I could drink their meatsauce! Aside from their many scrumptious menu items, they have a house salad dressing that will have you tasting garlic for days. I crave it. It is amazing, and people rant and rave about it and although this doesn't taste just like it; it's close, real close.

Vampires, beware.
Lemon-Garlic Salad Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
juice of one lemon
1/4 tsp. sea salt
8-10 cloves minced garlic
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
any dried herb goes nicely too

Whisk together all ingredients and store in a olive oil dispenser and refrigerate.
Take out 15 mins. before serving or run the bottle under hot water for a minute, so the oil will liquefy.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment