Saturday, September 8, 2012

Chocolate Dipping Sauce

Our coaches Lauren and Burt got married recently, and we threw Lauren a Crossfit Shower at my house. It was so much fun to shower her with love and houseware, plus we got to have some major girl time! We borrowed kettle bells from the box, tied balloons to them and lined the walkway, so cute! It was a lot of fun!

To add to the fun and cuteness of it all I made this chocolate dipping sauce, poured it in wine glasses and garnished the glass with strawberries and I'll just say it was well-received. I love this kind of stuff! I think this would be a perfect dessert or hors d'oeuvres for any party and I hate to be the one to say this but the holidays are coming up. So whip this up and let me know what you think, I would LOVE to hear from you!

It doesn't get classier than this.


Chocolate Dipping Sauce
1 1/4 cup 100% chocolate, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup honey
splash of vanilla
pinch of sea salt

Chop up chocolate into small chunks then toss it in a small saucepan and heat on low. Melt coconut oil and add it along with the honey into the sauce pan just as the chocolate is beginning to melt. Whisk it constantly so the chocolate doesn't burn. When the chocolate is melted and the oil is mixed evenly, add a splash of vanilla and a pinch or two of sea salt then whisk to combine. Continue to heat on low for about 5-8 mins, then transport the pan (with sauce in it) to the freezer and let sit for 5 minutes. Pour in a bowl or get totally fancy and fill wine glasses with sauce, put a fondue skewer in the glass and line the rim with fruit, bacon or whatever else you want to dip in heavenly chocolate.

*I put the pan in the freezer to thicken up the sauce so it would be perfect for dipping.
**I'm so glad I went with wine glasses instead of bowls it was really cute, plus your guests won't need a plate.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Must say this was delish! Perfect for little get together or gatherings.
    The chocolate was amazing and had an awesome taste. Really similar to the non paleo chocolate to me.

    GIVE IT A TRY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best tasting chocolate sauce. I wanted to lick my glass, but was too afraid it would be tacky. Next time, to heck with manners. I am not going to waste one bit!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manners? Who cares about manners when we are talkings noms?!?

    ReplyDelete