Friday, August 17, 2012

Peppercorn Chops

For dinner at a restaurant one night, Casey ordered a peppercorn-crusted steak that I have been trying to recreate ever since. A few attempts didn't pan out... food blogger humor there... Anyway, I gave up on the steak and used pork chops instead and it turned out much better. I'm a wimp so it was a little too spicy for me but the coarse black peppercorns were right up his alley.


Peppercorn Chops
2-3 lbs. bone in pork chops
6 Tbs. peppercorn
4Tbs. parsley (chopped)
4 Tbs. rosemary
salt to taste
1 egg beaten

Preheat oven to 350. Add peppercorn to a plastic baggie, seal and break them up into smaller pieces. Use a medium size bowl and mix the crushed-up pepper, parsley, and rosemary together. Next, beat the egg in a small bowl. Grease a baking sheet and set aside for the chops. Dip each pork chop into the egg and then dip both sides into the pepper & herb mixture and place on the baking sheet. Pop in the oven for 20-30 mins.

*I used a meat tenderizer to beat up my peppercorn...use this time to get out all your frustrations.
**I greased my baking sheet with coconut oil.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I bet Brian would be the same way. I'm a sissy too. Looks delicious though and we just bought some chops so may have to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete