Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Roast

The amount of salt and pepper one uses is a personal choice. Like v-necks for a dude or what type of underwear you like, personal preference. If you notice I very seldom have a measurement for salt or pepper because it's a choice we all have to make for ourselves. I like salt, my husband likes pepper (I also like the band Salt n Peppa). I really like pink Himalayan sea salt (mostly because it's pink) and fresh cracked pepper. I dust a little salt on my apples from time to time but I never put pepper on them. Now imagine if every time I served apples in my house if I covered them in salt, what if my guests hated salt? Now that was a random post! Enjoy the roast!

Don't forget to juice a lemon on the roast, just before serving
Summer Roast
2lb. roast
2 zucchinis
2 yellow squash
2 bell peppers
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs. rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

Set your crockpot on low. Chop all veggies and throw 'em in the pot along with a hunk of meat (I used beef tip roast). Add the garlic, salt and pepper and set the timer for 8-10 hours then go to work, the mall, a friends house, get a WOD in or whatever else you need to do and when you return home, dinner will be ready!

*Squeeze a little lemon juice on the meat before serving, it adds a little zest.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Made the blueberry banana muffins today and they are oh so good!

    ReplyDelete