Thursday, July 12, 2012

No-Brainer Salad

This "recipe" is a no-brainer... but tasty and refreshing none the less, and who knows maybe someone will get some kind of idea from this. I love salad, always have always will. I never had to be forced to eat my veggies, except corn which isn't a vegetable (foreshadowing). I hated corn-- always have, always will. That is... unless it's in the "popped" form. When I was younger, I wasn't big on mashed potatoes either because they always had pepper in them and I thought the little black specks were fleas. Other than that, I have never had a problem getting enough veggies. As a matter of fact, until the last year and a half it was much easier for me to get veggies in than meat. I certainly preferred them over meat proteins any day. My, my, look how things changed. Now I'm a cave-woman who no longer discriminates against any meat. But on a hot day (pick one out of the last 3 months in Texas) I always crave crunchy refreshing veggies to go along with my meat. That how this salad was born, with a twist.

No brain? Then this is the salad for you. 

No-Brainer Salad
Italian mix lettuce
half a tomato, sliced
1/2 a cucumber, sliced
handful of purple onion, diced (it's NOT red)
a few baby carrots
3 Tbs. tzatziki sauce (from the Gyros)

Put a few handfuls of Italian mix lettuce in a salad bowl. Slice the tomato, cucumber, and onion and toss in along with a few baby carrots. Pour tzatziki over lettuce and shake a little salt and pepper on top. Keep your sauce for gyros the next day!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment