Friday, July 6, 2012

Breadless Bruschetta

This is a great little appetizer for dinner parties. Plus, it fills your house with a beautiful garlic-herby aroma. I used to make traditional bruschetta all the time and I was starting to really miss it, not for the bread but for all the juice deliciousness on top of the bread and then it dawned on me that I didn't need the bread! I have these ridiculously tiny spoons that I finally had a chance to good use, which I found at either a Ross or Marshall's for like $5. It looked so pretty and fancy and I felt like I was a real hoity-toity grown-up entertaining other grown-ups all hoity-toity like.


Bruschetta. Don't eat the spoon!

Breadless Bruschetta
6 Campari Tomatoes
2 large cloves garlic, minced
2 oz. basil
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. nut oil*

In a large mixing bowl, combine  tomatoes, garlic, basil and oils. Toss around with your hands until everything is covered evenly with the oils. Cover tightly and refrigerate for about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350. Remove from fridge and spread evenly over a baking sheet--with a lip, otherwise all the juices will be at the bottom of the oven. Bake about 10 mins, remove and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Be sure to run to the store and grab some comically-small spoons and use them to serve the bruschetta and arrange on a platter. This way your guests will have a bite-sized amount of Heaven.

*I used garlic-infused macadamia oil.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment