Friday, June 22, 2012

Cream Sauced Pork Chops

I always do my prep work for all my meals on Mondays and this week was no different. The only problem was when I made my menu for the week I simply wrote pork chops for one of the days because I knew I wanted pork chops I was just unsure as to how I wanted to cook them. So when I did my normal prep I didn't prep them. That just goes to show you that sometimes the best things in life aren't always planned--don't get me wrong, planning is very important. This dish was AMAZING! So good ya just gotta lick the plate!! It was also very, very simple and took 30 minutes, tops. I can not wait to make the cream sauce again... I'm thinking Chicken Alfredo, so stay tuned!


Cream Sauced Pork Chops
3 lbs pork chops
1 Tbs oregano
1 Tbs. onion flakes
2 Tbs basil
2 cloves garlic
1 can coconut milk
1 Tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

In a large deep skillet, heat olive oil and brown the chops on each side. In the meantime, combine oregano, onion, basil and coconut milk in food processor and puree until garlic and herbs are chopped. When meat is almost completely cooked thoughout, pour coconut milk mixture over and let simmer in medium heat with a lid for about 15 mins. Enjoy :)

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Have you seen the "cream" sauce made with soaked cashews? I'm going to have to make a post soon with it. I made gravy once with it and it was so thick and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was our first paleo dish I have ever made and everyone in our house loved it. Which is very rare. Thanks for the great recipee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear it! Let me know what else you try. You got this girl!

      Delete