Monday, May 21, 2012

Salsa Pork Loin

Last week was a pretty good week in the kitchen... I made a couple of crock pot recipes, and this one took top honors, according to Casey. The crock pot is so easy and convenient because dinner is ready when you get home from work so it's a win-win! I mean, all you do is throw the food in the pot, turn it on, set the timer, put on the lid and BOOM dinner is all but served! I know that seems like a lot of work--I mean setting a timer is so lame but it's worth the elbow grease! USE THE CROCK POT!!  It doesn't get any easier that that, peeps. My friends over at CFSteadfast are finding out that you can literally cook anything in a crock pot... anything. Yes, I know that cavemen didn't exactly cook with one but I'm sure if they would have they definitely would have utilized it!

Hey Salsa!
Salsa Pork Loin
5lb pork loin
1 large can whole tomatoes
1 jalapeno
1- 1 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 Tbl. lemon pepper
1 Tbl. Garlic salt

In a food processor, add entire can of tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, lemon pepper, garlic salt and puree them.
Now it gets a bit tricky so hang with me... Put the pork loin in the crock pot and pour the salsa over it and turn it on low heat for 10-12 hrs. Presto! Dinner is done!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. No seriously, she means ANYTHING in a crockpot and this will be next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so easy, pretty cheap and we ate on it for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear about the anythings! I need more time-saver recipes.

    ReplyDelete