Thursday, May 24, 2012

Citrus Ribs

It's practically summer, so bring on the ribs! Ribs are one of my favorite things to eat, and down in the south we have no shortage of restaurants that serve them. Unfortunately they are all covered in high fructose corn syrup, soybean oil and all kinds of other junk they call "sauce." What a shame, huh? I just don't understand why we can't have real food served in our restaurants! It really makes me want to march down there (wherever restaurant owners can be found) and give them an ear-full! But we all know that wouldn't do any good so I made these at home instead, and enjoyed the end result even more.

I want my baby back.

4 lbs. ribs
1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. tomato sauce
2 Tbs. honey
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
zest of one orange
juice of one orange

Resource management: zest the orange then juice it. Pour juice and zest in a large bowl and whisk in all other ingredients (except the ribs). Put the ribs in a large Ziplock bag and pour in the liquid mixture, zip the bag and toss around so all the ribs are covered. Let marinate for 24 hours.
Get out your Crock pot! Empty the ribs with all the juice into the Crock pot and cook on low for 10hrs. Set it and forget it (until dinner)!

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Sounds sooooo yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds wonderful! We will have to try them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made this with the okra and something was off. I don't think it was your recipe, i think it was user-error! I think I did too much cayanne because it was sooooooooo spicy! I'm going to re-try this soon!

      Delete
    2. Haha well that happens sometimes. It sounds like your right about adding to much cayanne, mine have a kick but not like that lol.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Let me know how they come out! Yes, they are YUMMMMM!!

      Delete