Saturday, May 19, 2012

Blueberry Banana Muffins

I hosted my first Paleo workshop Thursday night at CrossFit Bridge City. Not going to lie, I was pretty nervous. I am so thankful that people actually wanted to hear me speak! I'm just glad that I didn't stutter uncontrollably or spit all over the people in the front row. I am so happy to help spread the word about Paleo...even in a small way.  I am also very happy to see an interest in Paleo and overall healthiness grow in my little part of the world. So I brought a few samples of Paleo food with me: coconut curry burgers, plantain chips and guacamole. I also featured mini blueberry banana muffins. These muffins were one of the first Paleo treats I ever made and I have been tweaking them to near-perfection ever since. I think I finally got them just the way I like 'em, and no one should have to live without muffins--no one! Since I made them mini I ended up eating a million but I mean they were so tiny and cute they couldn't go to waste!

They're berry good.

Blueberry Banana Muffins
6  (very*) ripe bananas
3 cups almond flour
3 eggs
2 Tbl. coconut oil (melted)
1 Tbl. honey
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 350. Using a mixer beat the bananas until they are mashed (like baby food), then add the eggs, coconut oil, and honey and mix until well-blended. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients then add the contents to the banana mixtures and blend thoroughly. Next, fold in the blueberries; you want to mix them just enough to soften. Line your muffin tin and spoon in the batter, about 3/4 full to the top. Bake for 20-30 mins.

*Ripe bananas are easier to use for baking

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. These were very tasty. I loved the workshop! I"m very excited to see where you go from here. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, I am excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...very tasty. My boys took one bite and said, "Mom, get this recipe!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! These freeze great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heard these are really yummy! Question about the recipe...why does it say 1/2 tsp baking soda twice? Is that a typo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed it. and I don't know why I forgot to reply in June?? Sorry!!

      Delete
  6. Hello my name is Robin. My husband brought a few of these home from your workshop last night. They were really good. We are going to start the paleo diet Monday Im going thru your blog now to get recipes for the next few Weeks. Wish us luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked them! Goos luck, you will do great I'm sure!

      Delete
  7. hi, wondering how many does the recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes about 10-12 full size muffins and 24-ish mini muffins.

      Delete
  8. For the record, I just made your blueberry banana muffins...and ate 2. Froze them quickly so it would be a little inconvenient to eat another!
    And I got 22 out of the recipe. Guess I could have gotten 24 if I'd have stretched it a little. LOVE these! LOVE having them in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love these little things. Perfect breakfast or snack! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  9. I stumbled upon your blog and decided to try these out. I did make some changes, as I'm trying to do no added sweeteners. I omitted the honey, but did add a dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract (eyeballed it, but prob 1/2 teaspoon of each?). They were de-lish! My 8 year old loved them, and my husband couldn't believe they were paleo. Just wanted to say thank you for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you found me and thanks for the idea! Sometimes I leave out honey because it's just a good without it.

      Delete