Saturday, April 21, 2012

Waldorf Salad

I love love love Waldorf Salad! I love it with brunch, lunch, or dinner. I love it for a snack or in a sack! I love it any time and it barely costs more than a dime. It is a true classic. When we travel, I always look for restaurants that serve it because there are so many different versions of it to enjoy. I could go on and on and on about my love for it. It was simple to make and the options are endless! I made this for a little snack but plan on blackening some tender chicken breast and tossing it all together over a bed of fresh crisp spring greens. Yummmmm!

It's dorf-tastic!
Waldorf Salad
1 apple (I prefer Gala apples, so delicious!)
1 bartlett pear*
3 celery stalks
1/4 cup raisins*
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 Tbs. raw apple cider vinagar
1 Tbs. olive or walnut oil
1 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice
1/8-1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste

Dice apple, pear, and celery into very small pieces and add them in a large mixing bowl. Next add all other ingredients into bowl and toss around until everything is evenly mixed. I like lots of pepper in my salad but that is just a personal preference.

*Mixing a red and green apple instead of a pear is good too, and you can throw in some grapes instead of raisins.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. LOVE salads. I know Caleb has requested more desserts from B-eing PaleoFabulous. However, I'd request salads. I eat them all the time. And I get really bored with my same ol' salad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I could eat them every day, but I understand getting bored. I will have some dressing recipes soon!

      Delete