Thursday, April 12, 2012

Paleo Primavera

I made the Foodee Project!!! While it wasn't a "recipe of the day," I'm just happy to see my food pictured alongside some the major bloggers like PaleOMG and Civilized Caveman. It seriously made my week! Some of my recipes were even "pinned" on Pinterest! In girl-world that is HUGE! I'm so thankful that my little blog is being viewed by anyone-- let alone more than one person a day! I know some people think I am crazy for being so excited but they can keep it moving. My friends and family are making me feel like a celeb, I love that they think I'm so much cooler than I actually am. Onto today's recipe:


Positively Paleo "Pasta" Primavera
Paleo Primavera
1 spaghetti squash
5 roma or campari tomatoes
1/2 red onion (even though it's purple)
1/2 cup basil
1/4 cup parsley
3 small cloves garlic (minced)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 Tbl. nut oil

Preheat oven to 375. Rinse squash and pat dry, then take a knife and stab the squash serval times, making holes a few inches apart until squash has lots of tiny holes-- just like you would do if you were baking a potato. Place on cookie sheet and bake 45-60 minutes or until you can easily puncture the squash. While squash is baking, chop veggies and herbs very finlye and mix together in mixing bowl. Add lemon juice and toss until combine and set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet. Remove squash from oven, cut in half (length-ways) and remove seeds. Take a fork and scrape from one end to the other of the insides of the squash with a fork to make the "pasta" noodles. Each time you scrape the pasta, add it to the skillet until you have done the whole squash. Toss the noodles in oil and add contents of mixing bowl, mixing veggies evenly throughout. Heat about 10 minutes and serve.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Of course you were on Foodee and Pinterest! Silly. What'd you expect!?! :)

    ReplyDelete