Monday, March 26, 2012

Pico Pork Chops

In the words of Robb Wolf: "Every meal of every day cannot be a grand event." I have trouble with that. I tend to go way overboard... I'm sure it has nothing to do with my obsessive personality *eyeroll*. When I go somewhere, I almost always offer to bring a dish, not because it's polite but because I really want to. More often than not, I bring several things (which I do find annoying) but I start thinking well what if someone doesn't like my strawberry cupcakes? I'll bring (insert item here) too that way there will be another choice. In my family, food is an "event" so I always want to make it grand, and not just to be the belle of the ball (Ok, maybe a tiny little bit of me likes that) but because I dont mind putting in the work and I really like to make people happy. So I'm trying to work on that and this dish is a perfect example, it's easy breezy and has minimal ingredients.

Pico Pork Chops

Pico Pork Chops
2-3 lbs. pork chops
1 12oz package* pineapple pico de gallo (or equal parts pineapple, roma tomato, red onion jalapeno, lime juice, Serrano pepper, cilantro, vinegar and salt)
Salt and pepper to taste

In a baking dish, lay out pork chops and pineapple pico over it making sure to get all the juices in the dish. Stir so the pork is covered and wrap tight in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hrs.
Preheat oven to 350 and bake about 20-30 mins depending on how thick your chops are cut.
Let cool and serve. This needed no salt or pepper but add some if you would like.

*I used HEB's pineapple pico de gallo found in the produce aisle.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I just made something similar! I used a pork loin and a jar of salsa. Cooked it all day and shredded it for salad when I got home. So easy and so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm. I will be trying that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I was looking for after buying pork chops & Mango Pico de Gallo from HEB! You bake it uncovered, right?

    - Andrea the NON-foodee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Let me know how it turns out:)

    ReplyDelete