Thursday, March 29, 2012

Coconut Milk Ice Cream Cookies

I made these little treats for my friend Brian's birthday, and they were a hit! Brian Nedab by the way is the proud owner of CrossFit SteadFast in Savannah, Georgia, opening in May! These were super duper easy and delish. I have always loved shortbread, butter, snickerdoodle, and sugar cookies and most any other type of cookies. But my fave were the simplest kind, like shortbread because they are just a delicate no-fuss little cookie and these remind me of them. The addition of any flavor coconut milk ice cream is the key component; I used mint chocoloate chip because it was the birthday boy's favorite. Vanilla would be amazing as well! When buying coconut milk ice cream make sure to READ THE INGREDIENTS!!! So many of the brands have rice flour, soy milk and other junk in them so be careful.


Cookies!


Coconut Milk Ice Cream Cookies
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup coconut ice cream (mint chocolate chip)
1/2 Tbs. vanilla
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 bar dark chocolate (85%)
4 eggs
pinch sea salt

Preheat oven to  350. Mix all dry ingredients throughly, add in eggs then beat. Next, throw in the vanilla, oil and icecream and mix until blended. Break up chocolate into small chunks and mix into dough. Ball up one spoonful of dough and place on sheet until no dough remains. Bake 20-25 mins.
Put them on a platter and watch them disappear.

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Enjoyed every single cookie! They didn't last the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! You may be eating them in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously can't wait to try these! Hey, they have the coconut ice cream at super wal-mart now (for a bit cheaper).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that last time I swallowed my pride and went to wally world. While we were in Washington we made several trips to Trader Joes and we found the most AMAZING strawberry coconut milk ice cream!! I wish I could have brought some back with us but I eated it all:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wally world. Pride. I know. But since our almond butter is $2.00 cheaper there and since my boys go through about five a week, I must frequent the beloved Wally. I have to hurry through there, though, because I seriously feel ill when I leave. I thinks it's the bazillion different chemicals swarming the air.

      Anyway, I made these cookies today! YUMMY to the TUMMY! I doubled the recipe and used the whole (small) carton of ice cream. I wish I'd read the recipe better. I bought vanilla ice cream and it wasn't quite sweet enough. But still wonderful enough to have the cookies gone in no time flat. I also used the Enjoy Life chocolate chips.

      Wonderful recipe! Keep 'em coming!!

      Delete
    2. It's no secret how I feel about good ol' Wally world. However, it's a necessary evil sometimes...I hate to admit that. I LOVE these cookies, I made 4 dozen today to bring with us to the Steadfast grand opening.

      Delete
  5. Hi Brittany,
    I just stumbled upon your site and it's great! I can't wait to try all of your amazing looking recipes. Can you please tell me how much coconut oil to use - it says 1/2, but I wasn't sure what it's 1/2 of.
    Thank you!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joan!
    I'm sorrty about that and thank you for letting me know! It's 1/2 cup melted coconut oil. I hope you like these cookies as much as I did:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brittany,
    Thank you!! I was thinking that's what it had to be and I went with that and made them and they were awesome!! Thanks so much for the recipe! I'm trying to get my son to eat more paleo and show him you can make anything you want - just using different ingredients - He loved them! Thanks again :)
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good! I'm so glad your son liked them, kids seem to be the last to jump on the paleo train. I'm sure it wont be long and he will be on board! How old is he?

    ReplyDelete
  9. coming over from refusing to tiptoe.. where did you buy the mint chocolate chip ice cream??!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome! Kroger in Beaumont has it. HEB in Midcounty usually has it but since they are under constuction they do not carry it at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brittany - I can't wait to make this. I bought all the ingredients, but just realized I don't have a mixer. Will make soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep me updated on how they come out. I LOVE these!

      Delete