Friday, March 16, 2012

BLT Coconut Wrap

I really loved BLTs back in the day. The combination of lettuce, tomato and bacon (which, let's be honest, makes just about everything better) is de-freaking-lish. Previously I would make them with turkey bacon, whole grain double fiber bread/tortillas and fat free mayo. Now, using coconut wraps found at our local health food store, they resemble french crepes and taste very similar as well. This is a great and quick lunch option and even though I don't have kids, this would be a great thing to pack for their school lunch. It's easy, fast and tastes good too!

The New and Improved BLT Wrap: Paleo Style!


1 Coconut Wrap* (links to an example)
1-2 hard boiled eggs
1/2 avocado
1-3 slices of bacon**
Handful of spring greens
2-3 tomato slices
1 Tbl. Dijon mustard*** (or however much you want)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Lay out the wrap and spread mustard over it. Throw your greens on there. Then chop eggs,  tomatoes and avocado and pile on top of greens. Top it off with your cooked bacon slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper. It doesn't get any easier than that!

* I used The Pure Wraps brand coconut wraps.
** As always nitrate free bacon.
*** I used Tree of Life Dijon Mustard. If you can't find that brand, choose one that is dye and sugar free. Read the labels!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I have some bacon eaters here who are going to be thrilled about this one! In California (at a Paleo restaraunt) they used Jimaca to make "tortillas" for wraps. I still cannot figure out how they did it. But, they were so delicious. Can't wait to try these (did you get them in BMT?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had a Paleo restaraunt here!! I would also love to know how in the world they made a wrap from jimaca?!? I found these wraps at Basic Foods in Beaumont.

    ReplyDelete