Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pizza Frittata


I love Pizza, I mean who doesn't? So, a few weeks ago when I found AppleGate (nitrate-free, gluten, and sugar-free) pepperonis, I was stokede! I knew instantly I was going to do something delicious with them, but I ate the whole package before I came up with anything. Have no fear the store had more! This dish definitely has the pizza flavor I was looking for.


Pizza Frittata
Pizza Frittata
12 eggs
3 Tbs. bacon fat
3 cups spinach
1 package pineapple pico( I found this in the produce section at Heb)
8-10 large pepperonis (torn into small pieces)
2 Tbs. oregano
1 can pizza sauce

Heat bacon fat in large skillet, then add spinach and sautee. When spinach is almost wilted, add in pico and combine. When pineapple begins to brown slightly add in pepperoni and toss mixture around. Let it sit about 5mins. While you wait, scramble all eggs in a mixing bowl then pour evenly over contents of skillet. Let sit on medium heat. When eggs begin to cook, about 5mins or so, sprinkle oregano over the top. Let cook about 25 more minutes or until eggs are no longer runny.

Heat pizza sauce in a small sauce pan and with a ladle pour over frittata. You will have left over sauce.

**For Pico, chop up equal parts pineapple, red onion, green onion, tomatoes and a dash of cilantro.
**Your fave (nitrate free) pepperonis will be just fine.
**I use Muir Glen organic pizza sauce, there are no hidden ingredients and it's 100% Paleo friendly.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This sounds incredible

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! It was pretty tasty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to trying this. We seriously need our own chickens, though. We're going through eggs like crazy!

    So happy to get to CrossFit with you this morning! Well, not that I could keep your pace (maybe one day); but it was good seeing you there. :)

    Love ya!
    Cristal

    ReplyDelete
  4. We go though sooo many eggs too. We had fun this morning next time you will have to come visit our box!

    ReplyDelete