Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cocoa Amore

Cocoa Amore
Today marks a day of celebration: My one-year anniversary with Crossfit, and the birthday of my blog. This is a pretty big day for me. I am super-excited and nervous to share my food, thoughts and self so openly, but here we go! To mark the occasion properly, I'm starting with a dessert. I made this for Valentine's day and my sweetie loved it.

Cocoa Amore

1 can coconut milk
2 bars dark chocolate (I used Lindt 70% and 85%)
1/8 tsp cinnamon
2-3 Tbs. raw honey
1 Tbs finely-ground Hawaiian coffee (I used Central Market's "Lola Savannah Hawaiian Grog Coffee" because it had coconut shreds in it, but your favorite medium-to-dark roast coffee will do)

Add coconut milk to small sauce pan to let simmer until slightly bubbling. In the meantime, break the chocolate into pieces and throw it and all other ingredients into a stand-mixer, food processor or if you don't have either (for God's sake, get one!) you can mix it by hand, the old-fashioned way. Pour the hot milk over the contents and begin mixing until all ingredients are combined. Pour into mugs or small bowls and refrigerate until mixture is set. About 3-4 hours. You have yourself Cocoa Amore. MWAH!!

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make this (and am anticipating lots of yummies here at B-eing Paleofabulous)!

    I am going to RX it (how do you like that CrossFit jargon mixed with a recipe!) for my boys but try Carob somehow for myself (since I'm not supposed to have chocolate) :(

    Cristal

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing. I can't wait to try it! Coffee and chocolate- my two favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! AND it's Paleo so what's not to love?

      Delete
  4. Oh. My. Goodness. Brittany, this is seriously the BEST dessert I have had in YEARS. I wanted to eat it all (but couldn't because chocolate makes me ill). :(

    We changed the recipe just a little to fit some of our crazy dietary needs (used 100% Cacao, added Stevia). My kids are loving it! Thank you. I can't wait for your cookbook (hint hint).

    Cristal

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an inspiration!!! I'm going to agree with Lauren! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you Sags! This is a pretty good dish if I do say so myself.

      Delete
  6. I originally wanted to make the first comment, but I didn't want to seem biased. :)

    But this may have been the best thing I've ever tasted. I'm glad others have had a chance to vouch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This can easily replace ice cream for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you like it, that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete